Position Type: Full-Time Temporary
Duration: Approximately April through October 2020
Location: Multiple Locations in Alaska
Closing Date: January 17, 2020 at 11:59 PM (EST)
Online Announcement for AK-1537-AKRO-20-10619780-DE
These positions are located in the Resources Division in:
- Denali National Park and Preserve (Denali Park, AK)
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve (Bartlett Cove, AK)
- Kenai Fjords National Park (Seward, AK)
- Wrangell St. Elias Park and Preserve (Copper Center, AK)
The typical seasonal period is April through October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: April or May 2020.
- Visits field sites to gather information using accepted Global Position System (GPS) surveying and mapping techniques including both mapping grade and surveying grade Real Time Kinematic (RTK) projects.
- Prepares digital and hardcopy mapping and information products for park needs with required tasks including (nut no limited to) field data collection, spatial analysis, LIDAR processing, creating 3D geospatial datasets/representations, geo-referencing and cartographic production.
- Prepares and maintains digital and hardcopy versions of data and data histories (meeting FGDC metadata standards).
- Assists in the design and development of GPS data dictionaries, spatial data inventories and field collection planning for seasonal natural resources, cultural resources and facility management projects.
- Assists park staff in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and analysis, helps train staff in field GPS techniques and in integration of field data into geospatial information.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit the required documents as described on the Online Announcement link above. For more information, contact the HR Assistant at 907-644-3828 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the position.