Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Closing Date: May 27, 2019 at 5:00 PM Alaska Time
This recruitment is open to Alaska residents only.
Online Job Announcement
Our mission at DCRA is to focus on consistent community communication and collaboration. This position will provide advanced-level technical GIS and cartographic design expertise and training to facilitate the production of maps, graphics, reports, visual presentation, and digital data products. These products will facilitate the transmission of community-based data so this position will involve managing and controlling quality data going within the division's geodatabases; acquiring, analyzing, and managing digital geospatial data; and providing training and support to the division's GIS users.
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following core competencies:
- Fluency and currency in GIS technology such as ArcGIS and thorough understanding of geodatabase concepts;
- Technical knowledge in AutoCAD and in its interoperability with GIS technology;
- Technical knowledge in management of ArcGIS Server and enterprise geodatabase;
- Advanced skills in cartographic science, visual communication, color theory and graphic design; and
- Experience with land planning and management.
- One year of professional experience equivalent to GIS Analyst I with the State of Alaska AND An associate's degree from an accredited college that includes either a GIS related concentration, a GIS certificate, or 9 semester hours (12 quarter hours) of GIS-related course work;
- OR Two years of paraprofessional experience working in data collection, cartography, web-site development, GIS operations, or a related field will substitute for the required associate's degree;
- OR A bachelor's degree from an accredited college that includes either a GIS-related major or minor, a GIS certificate, or 18 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of GIS-related coursework will substitute for the required experience and associate's degree.
For specific questions regarding this position, please contact the hiring manager, Grace Beaujean at at (907) 269-4521 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.