The GPS and Field Data Collection SIG meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 12 noon - 1PM. Bring your own lunch and GPS unit.
- When: 2nd Wednesday, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Where: BLM Campbell Tract Conference Room located at: 4700 BLM Drive, Anchorage AK 99507
- Free Parking!
- Meeting place is in the main conference room (enter facility on the North side)
61 9.358N, -149 47.744W
Joel Cusick is the coordinator for this group. He may be contacted via email.
GPS SIG Upcoming PresentationsMarch 12, 2014
- Speaker: Accupoint
- Title: Getting Your GPS Gear Ready for Summer
- Abstract: Meet at Accupoint to learn about some of the things you can do to ensure GPS gear is ready for summer.
- LOCATION: 7125 Old Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99518
GPS SIG Past PresentationsFebruary 12, 2014:
- The Maturing of GPS by Michael Schoder, Supervisory Land Surveyor, BLM Cadastral Survey Branch (5.00MB)
January 8, 2014:
- Pods and Poles: What should I use for my data collection? by Jacques Cloutier, Project Manager, Quantum Spatial (1.00MB)
December 11, 2013:
- GPS Precision and Accuracy: Where Are You? by Joel Cusick (1.23 MB)
November 13 , 2013:
- Submeter to Centimeter: Roving Around Alaska with GPS by Joel Cusick (1.73 MB)
September 23, 2009:
- Mapping Archeology at the Sub-foot in Northwest Alaska by Joel Cusick (<1 MB)
- Mobile Mapping Tools for Mineral Exploration by Michelle Pearson (<1 MB)
- Custom Field Data Collection at ADF&G by Becky Strauch (<1 MB)
March 11, 2009:
- Mapping the Chugiak Dog Mushers Trail System by Joel Cusick (3.66 MB)
September 6, 2006: