Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Anchorage, AK
Closing Date: March 23, 2018
SurvBase is recruiting for a GIS Lead to assist on a variety of projects. Using GIS, the incumbent will aggregate and analyze title, boundary, natural resource, elevation, and other data. Data will be presented to clients via web portal, printed maps, reports, etc.
This position requires a versatile individual to lead on GIS based projects/tasks as well as to work on a wide variety of more traditional survey tasks such as title research, boundary determination, field surveys, scanning, and hydrographic surveys. SurvBase provides training and mentorship to help the incumbent increase expertise and broaden their knowledge base. This is a great opportunity for a person with a strong GIS background to get experience which counts towards professional land surveyor licensing experience in Alaska.
SurvBase offers above average pay and competitive benefits.
Position starts: March 2018
Hours: 40 hours per week, some overtime available
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Acquire, assess, and organize GIS data
- Work with clients and staff to determine appropriate mapping and analysis goals - produce the required maps and reports
- Mentor other staff
- Strong ability to communicate graphically and in writing
- Experience using ArcGIS software
- Light programming
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A basic understanding of title and boundary law
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to expand title, boundary, and field survey skills
For specific information about the position please contact:
Name: John Kerr