Position Type: Full Time
Location: Anchorage, AK
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement
If you are a GIS professional looking for a new opportunity to collaborate with scientists and engineering professionals on projects throughout Alaska, continue reading!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop GIS-based databases, figures and web-based viewers
- Provide assistance for special projects to evaluate environmental data
- Format Excel tables and coordinate systems
- Identifying and processing GIS data
- Utilize expertise in technical writing while developing materials and documentation
- Minimum 2 years’ progressive experience in GIS industry
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience in working with industry specific technology and software including ArcMap, ArcGIS for Desktop, geodatabases and geoprocessing tools
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; specifically Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree of Science (B.S.)
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted. Successful candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application from the Online Job Announcement link above. For more information, contact Jillian Caswell at 907-276-5707 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.