Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Anchorage, AK
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement- Search "GIS"
GCI’s Technician II, GIS Mapping will support business goals performing mapping duties by using GIS tools and related systems in the creation and maintenance of new/existing GIS data systems.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
- Review and update customer parcel maps and validate internal systems database
- Maintain new and existing geospatial data files and systems
- Compile and query geospatial data from multiple sources
- Analyze telecommunications networks
- Provide GIS support to Outside Plant Engineers, Project Managers and Technicians
Additional Job Requirements: This is an intermediate level position within the Network GIS Mapping discipline. Must have a strong understanding of telecommunications technology industry, surveying and mapping. Work on more complex assignments developing proficiency and under minimal direction of the supervisor. Mentor junior technicians and supports senior level technicians, Engineers, and Project Managers. Ability to perform mapping calculations, create and maintain maps. Ability to create and manage parcel maps for the company and understand geospatial data from multiple sources.
Essential Duties for this position:
- Review and update customer address information (Parcel maps). Validate and maintain system service boundaries and update internal systems/ database.
- Create, attribute and maintain new and existing geospatial data files and systems.
- Compile and query geospatial data from multiple sources.
- Create and analyze telecommunications networks.
- Act as the department subject matter expert and provide GIS support to OSP Engineers and Project managers.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application from the Online Job Announcement link above.