Position Type: Full-Time Temporary
Duration: Approximately May through August 2018
Location: Multiple Locations in Alaska
Closing Date: January 12, 2018 at 11:59 PM (EST)
Online Announcement for AK-1537-AKRO-18-10052596-DE
These positions are located in:
- Denali National Park and Preserve (Denali Park, AK)
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve (Bartlett Cove, AK)
- Wrangell St. Elias Park and Preserve (Copper Center, AK)
These positions are Full-Time temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours (about 6 months) in a service year. Positions may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs. Individuals selected under this vacancy announcement are eligible for rehire in subsequent service years.
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period for these positions is May-August, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: May 2018.
This job announcement is open to receive applications from the first 300 applicants. The job announcement will remain open until either the quota of applicants, or 01/12/2018 is reached. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration, even those that exceed the applicant limit.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
Government housing may be available.
Selectees may be moved between duty stations within the park
- Visits field sites to gather information using accepted Global Position System (GPS) surveying and mapping techniques including both mapping grade and surveying grade Real Time Kinematic (RTK) projects.
- Prepares digital and hardcopy mapping and information products for park needs with required tasks including (nut no limited to) field data collection, spatial analysis, LIDAR processing, creating 3D geospatial datasets/representations, geo-referencing and cartographic production.
- Prepares and maintains digital and hardcopy versions of data and data histories (meeting FGDC metadata standards).
- Assists in the design and development of GPS data dictionaries, spatial data inventories and field collection planning for seasonal natural resources, cultural resources and facility management projects.
- Assists park staff in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and analysis, helps train staff in field GPS techniques and in integration of field data into geospatial information.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit the required documents as described on the Online Announcement link above. For more information, contact the HR Assistant at 907-644-3828 or via email at email@example.com with questions about the position.