Position Type: On-Call 1000 Hours
Location: Palmer, AK
Closing Date: November 10, 2017 at 5:00 PM Alaska Time
Online Job Announcement
The employee occupying the position of this class is responsible for performing cadastral drafting in preparing, maintaining, and updating Borough base and special maps.
One of the following:
- Two years cadastral drafting or mapping experience of which six months included computerized mapping or drafting using AutoCAD. Background in coordinate geometry a plus.
- A combination of prior related experience and education may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates all tax maps by adding or altering subdivisions and creating parcels using coordinates and legal descriptions.
- Enters subdivision plat and related data into computer graphics program; translates CAD data to the GIS database.
- Designs and creates special use maps and reports, as requested; runs bluelines for the public.
- Assists other staff with introduction to cadastral matters; performs computer assisted area computations for assessment staff.
- Uses PC-based G.I.S. software for data analysis and preparation.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of cadastral drafting procedures, terminology, and equipment using computer assisted drafting software.
- Knowledge of the use and manipulation of computer assisted graphics programs.
- Some knowledge of legal descriptions, geometric coordinates, and aliquot parts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and technical business representatives.
- Ability to perform computer assisted cadastral drafting.
- Ability to design and develop written and computer generated reports.
- Ability to understand and work from technical oral and written instructions and sketches.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers; familiarity with DOS operating systems.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application from the Online Job Announcement link above. For more information, contact Human Resources at 907-861-8404.