Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Grade: GS-101/401/1301-11/12 Location: Juneau, AK
Respond By: February 3, 2016
The Region 10 information management organization will soon be advertising one GIS web map and mobile application specialist position (GS-101/401/1301-11/12) located at the Regional Office in Juneau, Alaska. The incumbent will work as a member of the IM Staff to assist developing mobile field geospatial data collection applications that work with ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal. Additionally the incumbent will lead the Forest Service Region 10 web mapping development team and deploy applications and services using ArcGIS Server for desktop, web and mobile use. The incumbent will work under the guidance of the Regional Geospatial Program Manager.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support, advice, consultation, and assistance to various levels of staff (resources specialists, engineers, scientists, planners, subject matter experts, and managers) to identify and develop GIS applications to support resource management decisions for multiple units or a large geographical region.
- Lead the Alaska Region web mapping development team and provide guidance, technical support, and help in adopting industry’s best business practices in geospatial web/mobile development.
- Empower public and decision-makers with information using the ArcGIS Platform (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Mobile, ArcGIS SDE, and ArcGIS Online).
- Develop and deploy mobile GIS applications using feature services for field data collection.
- Deploy ArcGIS server focused web and mobile applications using various runtime SDKs from ESRI.
- Assist in teaching Mobile GIS classes and maintaining mobile applications using ArcPad Studio and runtime SDKs.
If interested in this position, please complete and submit the outreach form from the Outreach Announcement link above. For more information, contact Erik Johnson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.