Position Type: Full-Time
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement
The GIS Specialist, under general supervision, is responsible for creating, updating, modifying, and maintaining the GIS system.
- Develop, test, deploy, and coordinate custom GIS applications, map documents, services, model, and geo-processing scripts.
- Build, test, coordinate, and deploy Web and mobile based GIS.
- Support and maintain GIS SDE Databases.
- Respond to difficult or complex database and map inquiries from end users, developers, and contractors.
- Support end-users with custom maps.
- Create and maintain data as necessary for GIS maps and applications.
- Develop editing and geo-processing procedures to aid drafting group.
- Integrate GIS elements with other information technology elements (CAD, document management systems, MWM (Mobile Workforce Management), etc.).
- Design and develop complex GIS database models and templates.
- Write, edit, install, and verify programs for accessing, maintaining, linking and populating databases.
- Administer GIS workstations by installing and troubleshooting system software and programs and administers system access and security.
- Develop and present GIS system and cartographic map elements.
- Develop documentation for GIS programs and applications.
- Train end-users in GIS applications.
- Participate in training as required.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in GIS or other related field.
- Two or more years' experience in a position using GIS software.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver's License and be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of ENSTAR's Driving Policy.
- Ability to pass a background, past employment, credit, drug, and driving record screening.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application from the Online Job Announcement link above. For more information, contact the Human Resources Team at 907-334-7651.