Position Title: GIS Intern
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: Anchorage, AK
Hilcorp offers internships to Computer Science & Computer Systems Engineering students based upon previous experience and current course work/enrollment in Computer Science programs. GIS Interns will work in the corporate office, located in Anchorage, AK.
Responsibilities: Junior, Senior, or recently graduated Geomatics* students will work directly with the Hilcorp Geospatial Team on enterprise GIS implementations and web mapping systems, including automation & programming.
- Adheres to the company’s values – Integrity, Ownership, Urgency, Alignment and Innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Strong desire to learn and add value to a technical department.
- Applicant must have full summer availability.
- *Graduating 2021, 2022, or recently graduated students working towards their BS/BA in Geomatics, Geological Sciences, Computer Science or BS in Computer Systems Engineering are encouraged to apply. Other disciplines with minor in Geographic Information Systems will also be considered.
- Intern should be a full-time student or recently graduated with the last 12 months, with an interest in pursuing a career in the oil & gas industry.
- Students or graduates must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Ability to work a 5-day weekly office schedule in Anchorage.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Student must be an AK resident or enrolled with an accredited school in Alaska.