Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Anchorage, AK
Online Job Announcement
We invite you to use your deep understanding of the State and Local Government industry and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the account team. You’ll join a highly-skilled group of sales professionals and solution engineers who collaborate with existing customers to identify new, innovative ways of using our technology and help new users discover the value GIS can bring to their organization.
We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges businesses face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems. This is a home-based position in Anchorage, Alaska.
- 3+ years of enterprise sales experience providing solutions to business units
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Understanding of account planning and opportunity strategy creation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the state and local governmentindustry and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of an organization
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities for new and existing customers. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of Esri technology as it relates to the industry. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to anticipate customer needs.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Use consultative selling skills to understand the needs and business challenges of customers.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions and other techniques to support visual storytelling.