Position Type: Seasonal, Part-Time w/ Full-Time potential in Summer
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Closing Date: Until filled
JOA Surveys, LLC is an Anchorage based land surveying company, specializing in tides and water level measurement, vertical datums and geodetic networks. We are recruiting a computer savvy, office technician dedicated to precision documentation of geospatial field measurements for publication. This position will be based out of our Anchorage office and has the flexibility to be a hybrid position between office and home. A small amount of fieldwork may also be incorporated to build hands-on experience.
Online Job Announcement
Our ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Degree, or pursuit thereof, in Math, Science, or Surveying.
- Competency with Microsoft Suite and Google Workplace as well as aptitude for using archaic computer programs. Experience with programs such as MATLAB, Python, or ArcGIS is a plus.
- Organized and mindful of details.
- Independent work ethic with proven time management and ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Previous experience in data analysis or technical report writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Compile field information into specified formats for publication.
- Submit new benchmarks to the National Geodetic Database.
- Download and organize pictures and notes from a live, ArcGIS app.
- Monitor incoming tide data dashboard for quality control.
- Write social media posts and updates for a new JOA website.
- Assist with travel itineraries and permitting.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Julia Mickey: firstname.lastname@example.org.