Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Closing Date: September 25, 2023 at 5:00 PM Alaska Time
This recruitment is open to all applicants.
Online Job Announcement
What you will be doing:
The incumbent is responsible for the administration, design, modification, and maintenance of complex and diverse GIS processes in support of environmental operations. This includes project planning/design, database administration, contract preparation/management, spatial data acquisition and analysis, information technology systems software selection/support, and spatial data equipment management.
Division mission and culture:
Our section's primary mission is to provide environmental oversight and management for AKARNG locations statewide. We accomplish this through staff training, soldier engagement, compliance site visits, and providing timely and accurate regulatory guidance. Our team helps keep the AKARNG mission-ready for State and Federal service.
Who we are looking for applicants with knowledge and experience in these areas:
- ESRI ArcGIS and AutoCAD systems.
- Program and project management.
- Information technology and associated systems.
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and data acquisition systems.
- Contracts for GIS, AutoCAD, and data acquisition programs.
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the applicant with competencies in
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions. Complies with established control systems and rules.
- Database Management Systems: Knowledge of the uses of database management systems and software to control the organization, storage, retrieval, security, and integrity of data.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals; causes change.
- Geospatial Science – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, theories, and methods related to the collection, storage, analysis, visualization, and distribution of geographic based data and maps.
- Technical Competence: Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
The successful applicants must pass a federal background check in order to qualify for military base access, which is required with this position's work location on base. The background check will include fingerprinting. All job offers are conditional pending successful completion of the federal background check and issuance of a Defense Biometrics Identification System (DBIDS) card allowing base access. You must be able to maintain the clearance throughout your employment. If using a private vehicle this will require a valid Alaska Driver License, proof of vehicle insurance, and a valid State of Alaska vehicle registration.
State employees are guests on Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson; clearance and access is not within the State's control.
Special Note: In addition, in some cases employees must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC). As part of the examination process, a background check investigation, including a criminal records check, will be conducted. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude appointment. The circumstances involved in the conviction will be considered.
For specific information in reference to the position please contact:
Name: Donald Flournoy