Position Type: Full-Time, Regular
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
As a Senior Geospatial Analyst, the successful candidate will work with and when required, manage, a small team engaged in: (1) developing, implementing and executing multiple geospatial production workflows within a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment; (2) collecting, processing and delivering of newly collected satellite imagery; (3) manually finishing and performance quality control for various geospatial data products; and (4) encourage and develop new innovative solution to existing geospatial production challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. This list of essential functions is not intended to reflect every duty that may be performed within the job.
- Be a major part of a complex multi-year geospatial program to develop and produce baseline raster dataset for a US Government client within a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, help manage staff responsible for performing a diverse set of geospatial processing and production tasks, this may include non-geospatial tasks.
- The candidate will support the Project Manager in managing staff on-site as well as coordinating with management, staff, contractors and a customer located off-site.
- Harvest and assemble geospatial source data from open source, onsite, commercial and GFI repositories to support production requirements
- Oversee geospatial production environment and automated production workflows
- Assist in the development, implementation and performance of Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/QC) policies and procedures.
- Support all internal and external project/program reporting requirements to meeting customer and corporate requirements
- Support the establishment and enforcement of physical and data security procedures
- Demonstrate a willingness to work within a small flexible team which may require performing ad-hoc jobs as required to complete a project tasks.
- Support daily activity as require
- Converse on a regular basis with all members of GNIS, and be actively involved in the ongoing commercial activity.
- Interact when needed with Project Partners
- Deputize for the Project Manager when required