Position Type: Full-Time, Regular
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. The employer retains the right to change or assigb other duties to this position.
As a Project/Program Manager, the successful candidate will work with and lead a team engaged in: (1) developing, implementing and executing multiple geospatial production workflows within a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment; (2) collecting, processing and delivering of newly collected satellite imagery; (3) manually finishing and performance quality control for various geospatial data products; and (4) develop new and innovative solution to existing geospatial production challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. This list of essential functions is not intended to reflect every duty that may be performed within the job.
- Lead a complex multi-year geospatial program to develop and produce baseline raster dataset for a US Government client within a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
- Manage staff responsible for performing a diverse set of geospatial processing and production tasks, this may include non-geospatial tasks.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing staff on-site as well as coordinating with management, staff, contractors and a customer located off-site.
- Develop and implement Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/QC) polices and procedures.
- Complete all internal and external project/program reporting requirements to meeting customer and corporate requirements
- Serve as the main point of contact for all project related issues
- Establish and enforce physical and data security procedures
- Demonstrate a willingness to work within a small flexible team which may requiring performing ad-hoc tasks as required to complete a project task.
- Support daily activity as require
- Converse on a regular basis with all members of GNIS, and be actively involved in the ongoing commercial activity.
- Interact when needed with Project Partners