Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Anchorage, AK
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement
Owl Ridge is based in Anchorage, Alaska and was formed in 2012 as a small business enterprise to provide a full range of environmental consulting services for private sector, industry, and government clients. Our services include planning, permitting, field studies, and compliance. A scientist position at any level at Owl Ridge implies a broad use of the term in support of all aspects of our services that require analytical thinking and process management. Our expertise as a company is that we are experts at the broad understanding and management of process. A Scientist I/GIS Analyst is an entry level position that will provide full-time GIS technical support and science-based support to meet the diverse needs of the company.
Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities
- B.S./B.A. or higher education in GIS, Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, Resource Management, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline.
- Desired skills include data analysis, proficiency in mathematics, conducting research, strong written and verbal communication, problem solving, attention to detail, and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Understanding and application of geographic coordinate systems and projections.
- Strong cartographic skills.
- Fundamental understanding of data editing and spatial analysis.
- Basic understanding of public data sources employed for natural resource consulting.
- Understanding and knowledge of database design and implementation.
- Field data collection employing various instrumentation including GPS, Arc Collector etc.
- Programming capabilities a plus but not required.
- Support Health and Safety reporting.
- Travel into the field to support Owl Ridge biological and hydrological investigations, including data collection.
- Support field studies programs including development of sampling plans, data analysis, and summary reports.
- Understand the regulatory environment that drives the scientific and data needs of the project.
- Identify and design systems and procedures as needed to make Owl Ridge more efficient and with greater deliverable quality.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application from the Online Job Announcement link above. For more information, contact Paul Cartier at 907-748-5665 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.