Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Closing Date: May 18, 2015 at 5:00 PM Alaska Time
Online Job Announcement
The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation is recruiting for a GIS Coordinator to oversee our interactive mapping of the most beautiful geography on Earth. This position offers an incredible opportunity to participate in establishing GIS for the State of Alaska.
DEC is looking for a motivated, self-directed, and technically adept individual to serve as the Department GIS Coordinator. This position administers and manages the department Map/GIS servers, and coordinates the department’s GIS efforts internally and with external agencies. The position is responsible for setting Department GIS policies, standards and best practices. Key responsibilities include the following particulars.
- Administration of MS SQL Server, ArcSDE geodatabase servers;
- Maintaining the DEC ArcGIS Online Organizational website;
- Conducting Department-wide GIS integration and planning;
- Providing technical support services;
- Project management and consultation;
- Representing the Department in interagency GIS collaboration and geospatial sharing efforts; and
- Providing back-up for the Department Database Administrator.
Not only does this position offer the opportunity to get in on ground-floor efforts to develop GIS for the State of Alaska (it is said that Mars is better mapped than Alaska) you also get to live in Juneau. Juneau is a great place to live with spectacular scenery, plentiful outdoor activities, and wonderful people.
For specific information in reference to the position please contact the hiring manager at the following:
Name: Greg Light