Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Closing Date: September 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM Alaska Time
This position is open to Alaska residents only.
Online Job Announcement
The Department of Natural Resources is recruiting for a full-time permanent Research Analyst II position within the Information Resource Management Section of the Support Services Division located in the Atwood Building in downtown Anchorage.
This position works alongside GIS Analysts in the GIS Services Unit and is responsible for organizing and researching update requests of DNR's spatial data. DNR's spatial databases house the GIS data for management activity on state owned land and water at a parcel level. This includes land ownership, land classifications and restrictions, state and federal surveys, and surface and subsurface authorizations on land and water owned or managed by DNR. This position also works with application developers to evaluate needed enhancements of GIS and land records applications to prioritize refactoring needs. This position is also the primary security administrator for the department's Land Administration System.
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research and analyze source documents necessary for GIS data capture, evaluating the accuracy and reliability of the data to ensure integrity of the GIS products;
- Read and interpret source information such as USGS maps, photo imagery, raster images, digital data, federal master title plats, state and federal survey documents, sketch maps, and written legal descriptions;
- Conduct research regarding needed enhancements of existing GIS databases and applications, and evaluate business procedures to ensure application and database refactoring will meet business needs;
- Conduct routine data maintenance, database user support, and gather and statistically analyze user feedback and data as new systems and interfaces come on-line;
- Operate plotters, printers, and scanners.
For complete details, please see the job announcement link above. For specific information in reference to the position contact the hiring manager:
Name: Carrie Marvel
Phone: (907) 269-8838
Fax: (907) 269-8920