Position Type: Full-Time, Regular
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
As a Geospatial Analyst, the successful candidate will work with a team engaged in: (1) developing, implementing and executing multiple geospatial production workflows within a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment; (2) collecting, processing and delivering of newly collected satellite imagery; (3) manually finishing and completing performance quality control for various geospatial data products; and (4) work with the geospatial team to develop new and innovative solution to existing geospatial production challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. This list of essential functions is not intended to reflect every duty that may be performed within the job.
- Work within a team environment on a complex multi-year geospatial program to develop and produce baseline raster dataset for a US Government client within a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
- Being a part of a team performing a diverse set of geospatial processing and production tasks, this may include non-geospatial tasks.
- Work within a small close knit team, reporting to the Senior Geospatial Analyst and the Project Manager.
- Harvest and assemble geospatial source data from open source, onsite, commercial and GFI repositories to support production requirements
- Oversee geospatial production environment and automated production workflows
- Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/QC) tasks to ensure data integrity, under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Working with the team to ensure physical and data security procedures
- Demonstrate a willingness to work within a small flexible team which may requiring performing ad-hoc jobs as required to complete a project tasks.
- Support daily activity as require.
- Converse on a regular basis with all members of the team, the team management, other members of GNIS, and be actively involved in the ongoing commercial activity. Both in person and remotely through email, phone, and video teleconference
- Interact when needed with Project Partners.