Position Type: Full-Time, Temporary/Seasonal
Closing Date: Until filled
Online Job Announcement
Position is expected to begin in April/May and end in August/September.
Under direct supervision, the Engineering Helper provides assistance and support to ENSTAR's Engineering department with regard to file maintenance and maintaining the Geographic Information System.
- Make updates to GIS data as directed.
- Database and file entry: Organize and link project data to GIS system. Review project files to ensure all data is in place.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum second year geomatics / GIS / surveying student or equivalent.
- Training in one or more of the following areas preferred: Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Valid Alaska Driver's License and be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the ENSTAR's Driving Policy.
- Ability to pass a drug, background, credit, past employment, and driving record screening.
- Knowledge of GIS concepts and cartography.
- Should have knowledge of geomatics.
- Must be able to read the Company's as-builts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, and the public; exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others in difficult circumstances or to resolve issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to prepare clear and understandable written documentation and communication materials.
- Must have the ability to contribute in a team environment or independently.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application from the Online Job Announcement link above. For more information, contact the Human Resources Team at 907-334-7651.