Location: Soldotna, AK
Closing Date: April 11, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Online Job Announcement
Under designated supervision, the GIS Technician is responsible for ongoing development and operation of the Geographic Information System including programming and documentation, graphic and related data input, and production of standard and special use GIS products.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Researches and analyzes survey plats, deeds, titles, rights-of-way, etc.
- Researches and obtains geographic related maps, plans and data for suitability in GIS.
- Inputs graphic and attribute data and maintains database.
- Prepares custom menu and macro applications for the system.
- Provides necessary mapping and data as needed to other KPB departments (i.e. tax maps, BOE, voting maps, school district maps, EDD, maintenance, etc.).
- Assists in electronic data transfer to outside users.
- Assists in training other users of systems.
- Provides information and service to the public.