Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Lakewood, CO
Closing Date: Friday, June 3, 2016
Online Job Announcement (Public) (NOC-DEU-2016-0018)
Online Job Announcement (Status Candidates) (NOC-MERIT-2016-0073)
BLM is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to join the team as a Geospatial Ecologist, Geographer, or Ecologist for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) National Operations Center, located in Lakewood, Colorado -- in the Denver metro area.
The incumbent of the position will:
- Serve as a consultant and technical advisor/lead to senior subject matter specialists, state geospatial ecologists, high level bureau officials and interagency teams;
- Ensure that statistical analysis and data collection regarding inventory, assessment, and monitoring is coordinated across geographic areas and administrative boundaries;
- Lead the development of multi-scale statistical analyses, statistically valid sample designs, and decision-support tools;
- Generate ideas for analysis of data, recognize and test relationships, evaluate landscape health and changes over time, perform causal analysis, and present interpretations and implications resulting from the analyses;
- Provide expert technical advice and direction regarding the collection of inventory, assessment, and monitoring data for major projects and/or studies;
- Develop new methods and tools to improve the collection of data needed to monitor and study ecological change. Manage existing databases;
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods of statistical analysis (e.g. regression analysis, correlation, analysis of variance) to produce scientifically defensible reports, plans, and presentations;
- Coordinate activities with other agencies, interest groups, and teams to investigate and assess the current state of knowledge related to geospatial analysis, remote and direct monitoring, and support applications;
- Promote and implement an integrated training program to teach basic and complex skills in geospatial and ecological modeling and analysis;
- Assemble data in both tabular (tables, graphs and charts) and narrative form. Provide analysis, interpretation, conclusive recommendations, and presentations to a wide-range of audiences from field staff and peers to high level senior executives.
To apply for this position, please apply online from the Online Job Announcement link above. For more information, contact Kameron Martinez at 303-236-0468 or via email at email@example.com.