Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Closing Date: November 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM Alaska Time
This position is open to Alaska residents only.
Online Job Announcement
The Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development Division of Community and Regional Affairs is recruiting for GIS Analyst II to join our team.
The Division of Community and Regional Affairs (DCRA) is looking for a self-reliant, energetic and detail-oriented individual who is willing to independently provide advanced-level technical GIS and cartographic design expertise and training to facilitate publication of maps, graphics, reports, visual presentations, and digital data products resulting from analysis and synthesis of original field data collected by division.
Fulfilling this mission will involve acquiring, analyzing, and managing digital geospatial data, ultimately helping to create a comprehensive enterprise geodatabase; providing training and support to the division's GIS users; functioning as a liaison between DCRA and other entities' GIS users and data; managing and quality controlling data going into and out of the division's geodatabase.
At DCRA, we recruit employees who demonstrate a high level of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to a changing environment, and an interest in assisting local governments.
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Independently designing, producing, and updating complex base maps and thematic data, using ArcGIS software as necessary;
- Training other users in developing geodatabases and high quality maps that meet the programmatic and divisional needs;
- Accessing and organizing data from external sources to ensure currency of spatial data library;
- Automating workflows and improving process efficiencies by creating models and/or scripts;
- Applying ArcGIS and AutoCAD software to independently gather data and for analyzing, managing and converting formats of digital data into interoperable formats;
- Serving as the administrator of the divisional enterprise server and geodatabase.
- Serving as the liaison between DCCED IT and the division in all issues related to the ArcGIS server architecture;
- Hosting data in the enterprise geodatabase in accordance with data standards and serving them out using apps or other effective medium;
- Reviewing metes and bounds descriptions as proposed by municipalities;
- Developing specific mapping and land suitability decisions for ANCSA planning using technical knowledge of land use and suitability;
- Managing land information system that geographically displays the title acquisition and land tenure of statewide Municipal Trust Land holdings;
- Preliminary scoping, contract review, quality control, storage, and distribution of digital mapping produced in DCRA's community profile mapping partnerships; and
- Responding to public information requests regarding the division´s programs and resources.
For complete details, please see the job announcement link above. For specific information in reference to the position contact the hiring manager:
Name: Manjula Boyina
Phone: (907) 269-7959
Fax: (907) 269-4563