Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Palmer, AK
Closing Date: November 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM Alaska Time
Online Job Announcement
This position is responsible for the performance, integrity, security, stability, availability, repair, and recovery of enterprise GIS data, geo databases, and GIS applications.
Work is performed and duties are carried out in accordance with established policies, procedures, and Borough core values: Accountability, Customer Focus, Dedication, Integrity, Responsiveness and Teamwork.
- Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Post-secondary education or experience which provides the expertise required to perform effectively the functions of the position may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years of experience in the occupational field, sufficient to understand the major duties of the position.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Alaska for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Completion of required Incident Command System (ICS) course in accordance with established Borough Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, configures, publishes and manages ArcGIS Server image, map and data services.
- Monitors and gathers performance related information for enterprise GIS architecture; prepares reports regarding performance data, performs analyzes, optimizes and implements solutions.
- Administers and maintains enterprise geographic information systems.
- Creates, designs, and manages file geo databases.
- Designs, configures, maintains, administers, modifies and troubleshoots the Borough's web mapping presence.
- Designs, installs, configures, maintains, administers, and troubleshoots enterprise GIS architecture.
- Designs, develops, maintains, administers, modifies and troubleshoots the enterprise geo database architecture for Borough mapping services.
- Provides oversight and functional direction of assigned contractor daily activities.
- Provides customer support.
- Manages assigned projects.
- Develops processes and procedures.
- Develops a variety of regular and special reports.
- Provides user training.
- Provides IT support for the Emergency Operations Center during emergency events or training exercises.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of GIS database administration principles.
- Knowledge computerized cartographic principles and practices.
- Knowledge of enterprise management principles.
- Knowledge of computer programming techniques and languages.
- Knowledge of information technology testing procedures.
- Knowledge of Project Management Principles.
- Knowledge of report design and business analysis principles.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in establishing plans and setting objectives and goals.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application from the Online Job Announcement link above. For more information, contact Human Resources at 907-861-8404.